aDolus Technology Inc. is a rapidly growing technology startup addressing the software supply chain risks faced by the systems vital to our communities, such as energy, transportation, and medical. We design and manage the FACT SaaS platform to provide continuous cybersecurity visibility and risk intelligence on Operational Technology (OT) software as it flows between suppliers, asset owners, and security service providers. Combining 25 years of OT experience with cutting-edge AI technology, FACT provides actionable insights from the correlation of millions of critical software components across products, product lines, and vendors.
We are looking for a senior software architect who is capable of defining and executing a large scale cloud database strategy that will allow our platform to grow exponentially over the next two years as we onboard the critical infrastructure clients currently in our pipeline. You will have a significant impact on our business by guiding our experienced development team to design, implement, and maintain the large-scale hybrid Graph/Relational/NoSQL database that is the core of our service. The work also includes multiple facets of solving real-world software security problems. You will work closely with our data science team members to build and integrate solutions that add value to the industry. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and socially responsible cybersecurity startup that solves a critical problem in a fascinating and diverse market.
Work from anywhere in North America (aDolus operates a fully remote development team).
Initial Duties and Responsibilities
- Review our existing software and database architecture for both short- and long-term improvements to increase performance, reduce processing costs, and allow significant growth
- Define both short- and long-term improvement processes and then lead the design, integration, and upgrade of the system architecture
- Ensure database stability and performance by determining structural requirements and developing and installing solutions
- Ensure security of all database information and processes
- Develop processes, metrics, and dashboards for the continuous monitoring of database stability, security, and performance
- Take responsibility for defining the policy and processes for operating the platform’s databases (such as backup/restore, disaster recovery, upgrades, and patches)
Near Term Responsibilities
- Help achieve the company’s operational and sales objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, implementing production and quality standards, resolving problems, identifying trends, determining system improvements, and implementing change
- Study organizational mission, goals, and business drivers and confer with senior management to understand the product roadmap and requirements
- Confirm architecture capability and flexibility to support our high availability application by developing analytical models and completing validation tests
- Improve our architecture by tracking emerging technologies and evaluating their applicability to our business goals and operational requirements
- Communicate technology needs and strategy to members of the executive team
- Update your professional knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations
Who You Are
Our ideal candidate is an organized, energetic, and passionate team player with a can-do approach to their job. You are a self-starter with a proven track record when it comes to designing large and complex database solutions.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related field or equivalent professional or military experience
- 8+ years experience designing large scale, performant databases operating in the cloud (preferably on AWS)
- Experience in large scale relational database design, development, and deployment
- Experience writing program logic in TSQL and C#
- Experience in graph database design, development, and deployment, ideally AWS Neptune
- Comfortable working in an Agile development environment
- Well organized with good prioritization/workload management abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills